Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Your Love is Water

-->
Your love is water; it clears us of this deed.
Your blood stains white and makes me clean.
The water is red, and rushes over me,
Letting me drown in You.

Though just a drop on my tongue
Can quench this unquenchable thirst
And erase this despicable sin.

Jean and Jeremiah cry, “What have I done?”
“Was habe ich gemacht?”
The harsh sound of reality becomes familiar,
Rushing in my ears,
But replaced by Your love.

As you breathe your fragrance on me,
The breath of life anew
Enters into my soul, fresh and blue,
My body no longer a vessel for sin,
Hell-bound and heavy,
Now buoyant in Your spring.

But the look in the glims is still dead;
I’m still sunk.
The eyes are still murky and they never will clear,
Not for thousands of tears
That you brush off my cheeks.
I will stand at the baggage claim gripping my guilt
With white knuckles
And never let go.

With my gun to my head,
Chicago lightning,
The blame is fired at me,
And You can’t put it out.
It’s much harder to forgive yourself.

The Britannica is sinking.
That girl, she is fragile.
It’s in you she should let herself drown.

Your love is water and it whispers to me,
If I breathe in, my lungs will be full
With the life-giving liquid
That will open my heart and my eyes to forgiveness,
To You.

To live underwater, forever,
A shipwreck accepted by He who is strong,
Gives me peace like a river
And grace like an ocean.
Your love washes over me, making me new.

No comments:

Post a Comment