Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Back to the Future

I time warped the other night. I'm not sure how it happened, but it did. I didn't even have the flux capacitor, so I'm still trying to figure out just how this phenomenon occurred.

Here's what happened:

I was standing at The Auricle, waiting for the band, Paper Route, to go on. It had been a good night so far, and I was excited for Paper Route's set. My phone had been gradually dying throughout the night, so I'd turned it off. I decided to pull it out of my pocket to check the time though. So I turned it on, and much to my surprise, the screen read "8:02 pm, Sat., January 5th, 1980".

I stared at the screen for a moment in disbelief. How could this be? I didn't feel the time warp, and the scene didn't even seem to have changed. I realized before I did anything else I needed to document this. So I tried to take a clear picture of the screen of my phone. This is the closest I could come:



After a while, I looked at the screen again and the time and date had returned to normal. I'd time warped back. All I have figured out thus far is that my cell phone's battery dying must have caused something that resulted in my time travel. I have yet to figure out how this works, but I have begun my research.

In the meantime, I have some shopping to do. I think it's about time for me to cross "Buy a DeLorean" off of my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment